|Sign up for our FREE weekly newsletter
Buy an Ad
Network of Ensemble Theaters seeks fellows for inaugural Micro-Fest program
DETROIT - As part of the Micro-Fest USA initiative, the Network of Ensemble Theaters is inviting applications for the inaugural Micro-Fest Fellowship Program, a leadership development opportunity targeting artists and their community peers/collaborators who are collectively engaging in community development and creative placemaking.
The purpose of these fellowships is to:
- Empower and develop community and artistic leadership
- Create a peer network of artists, activists, advocates and scholars
- Expand knowledge and approaches for cross-sector collaborations
- Build community (locally and nationally) along with a peer support system of like-minded and like-valued peers
- Inspire and support further cross-sector collaborations to meet community needs and challenges.
Over a 10-month period, a cohort of eight Fellows will come together five times to discuss and explore the dynamics of arts-driven, cross sector collaborations (i.e. artists/arts organizations and other sectors). Activities will include explorations of collaboration models, intimate conversations with leaders in these practices, skill building, reflection and study of cross sector collaboration practices/challenges, support for individual projects, facilitation and organizing skills. NET will cover travel and lodging expenses during the Fellowship period to attend Fellowship events/meetings.
- Dynamic and engaged individuals active within their own communities
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Bold visionaries of community development and creative placemaking efforts
- Teams from MicroFest host cities/regions representing artists and non-arts leaders
- Committed to using the skills gained through the Fellowship
- Able to commit to consistent participation in the 12-month fellowship.
The Fellowship opportunity is only available to artists and community members in Detroit, Appalachia (Knoxville, TN/Harlan, KY), New Orleans and Honolulu.
Fellowship requirements include:
- Attendance and participation in each of the MicroFest USA events in Detroit (August 16-19), Appalachia (October 25-29), New Orleans (Jan. 18-21, 2013) and Honolulu (late June, 2013) plus a final wrap-up meeting in Los Angeles (August 2013)
- Three writing/reflection assignments (one between each in-person meetings)
- Guidance and support for individual projects
- Bringing the skills gained back you to your community and doing one or more of the following: best practices sharing, leading a skills training workshop, mentor a community practitioner or organization.
Three things to know about the application process:
- Deadline: Applications are due July 20 at 9 p.m. PST
- Interviews: A short list of finalists will be invited to a phone interview.
- Decision: Candidates will be notified of their acceptance by Aug. 1.
To download an application, CLICK HERE
If you have questions about the program or application, please contact Mark Valdez at email@example.com Please send your completed application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2007-2013 Encore Michigan LLC. All Rights Reserved.